Permissions: User must be logged in with staff credentials. User must have access to Clients section.
- Click the Client Tab.
- Enter first name and last name or first initial and last initial.
- Click on Search.
- Click the Auth icon of the client.
- Click on the Primary Insurance name.
Click the Authorization Tab.
Confirm the primary Insurance listed.
- Click Add New Authorization. The new authorization page opens.
- Enter the auth information for the Secondary Insurance: Payor, Treatment Type, Authorization Number, UCI/Insurance ID, Supervisor(CMS1500-31), Start/End Dates.
- Uncheck Is Primary box.
- Click Save/Add Detail.
- A message displays in green at the top of the page to confirm the authorization was added.
Note: no CPT units or Activities will show. These are based on the primary insurance.
- Click the Back to Client link at the top of the page.
- Click All Existing Auth at the bottom of the page. The All Episodes/Authorizations window opens.
- Click on the Primary Insurance.
- Click on the Authorization tab. The Existing Authorization list opens.
- In the Is Primary Auth column:
- primary insurance status is True.
- secondary insurance status is False.
- Click Add New Authorization to add a tertiary insurance.