This section is used to schedule and/or view existing sessions in a Calendar view. Here you will be able to view, edit and create Billable and Non Billable Sessions for your clients and Providers.
Edit Single Session
Menu Options for Selected Sessions
Client and Provider Nonavailability
Day, Week & Month View
Scheduler Grid View Button
Hourly View options at bottom of Calendar
Click Scheduler from Navigation Bar and select Scheduler Calendar View.
1. Search Criteria
- Zone- “Select Zone” will appear if a zone is not selected. You can also view clients for other zone(s) by changing the zone. The zone is used to organize your list of clients to make it easier for your scheduler to search for clients when scheduling and/or edit sessions. The zone feature is usually utilized by large facilities. See Create Zones and Assign a Zone for more details.
- Select Client - In this section you will select a client from the drop down menu. If the client has an active schedule, you will see it appear over to the center of the screen based on the date selected from the Calendar. To view multiple clients, select another from the drop down menu. You are also able to view Provider and client schedules at the same time in this view (as seen in screenshot).
- Select Provider - In this section you will select an Employee/Provider. If the Employee has an active schedule, you will see it appear over to the center of the screen based on the date selected from the Calendar. To view multiple employees/Providers, select another from the drop down menu. You are also able to view Provider and client schedules at the same time in this view (as seen in screenshot).
2. Add Billable
This section is used to create billable sessions for active clients that have current/active authorizations within WebABA. Remember: WebABA is auth based, which means that if an auth is not uploaded for a client, you will not be able to schedule past or future sessions for that client. To schedule a billable session(after clicking Add billable):
a. Client- Select the appropriate client from the drop down list. (It will default to the last client you were viewing or it will ask you to select a client, you are able to switch to a different client if needed)
b. Authorization- Select the appropriate authorization from the drop down list. (If there are multiple auths available, be sure to select the auth that is within the date range of the session you are creating)
c. Activity- Select the activity you want to create for the session from the drop down list.
d. Location- Select the appropriate location for the session from the drop down list. If you do not see the location you are searching for and it is a personal treatment location for the client, you are able to select the + location dropdown menu and add a new address for the client. This will add it for this session and also add it to the drop down menu to be used for future sessions as well. If you are needing to add a new address that multiple clients are seen at, DO NOT use the +. See Scheduler Tab > Office Treatment Locations for instructions.
e. Date/Time- Select the date and start time of the session to be created. Be sure to enter 2 digits for the hour and 2 digits for the mins. This will ensure no errors when creating the session.
f. Duration- Select the duration of the session to be scheduled from the drop down list.
g. Provider- Select the provider you want to schedule for this session from the drop down list. The Providers in this list are team members assigned to the client. To create team members, see the Manage Teamssection in the WebABA Manual. If no Providers are in the drop down menu or you don't see the Provider you are looking for, click on the magnify glass icon next to the drop down list. You also have the Check Providers Availability link- this will open a new window to search for Providers availability in a CSV report form.
h. Status- Select a status. All sessions default to confirmed status unless manually changed.
i. Repeat -To create multiple billable sessions for the same activity at the same time by using the repeat tool. Be sure to select either an End Date or number of occurrences. Leaving both options blank will only create the one session.
j. Scheduling Note- This section is used to enter Schedule notes for the Provider to see on their My Schedule page as a read only.
k. Is Non Billable- If selected the session will NOT go to billing when the provider renders the session.
l. Is Not Payable- If Selected the session will NOT go to Payroll/ Timesheet for the scheduled Provider. ( This means that the provider will not get paid for this session)
m. Add Billable Session- Click this button to create the session.
3. Add Non-Billable
This section is used to schedule Non Billable sessions for your Staff. Non billable sessions have nothing to do with a client. You will not have the ability to switch this type of session to a billable session. Most commonly used for meetings and trainings. To schedule a Non Billable session(after clicking Add Non Billable):
a. Activity- Select a non billable activity from the drop down list. The non billable activity list provided can not be edited or added to.
b. Sub Activity- Select a Sub Activity from the drop down list. This list is optional and is created by the facility. See Manager Module >Create Sub Activity for instructions.
c. Date of Activity- Enter a date for the non billable session.
d&e. Enter the time From and To. Be sure to enter 2 digits for the hour and 2 digits for the min.
f. Employee- Select the employee from the picklist. You are also able to select multiple employees by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting.
g. Repeat- Select which days of the week and then one of the choices End date or after # of occurrences.
h. Scheduling note- This section is used to enter notes about the non billable session.
i. Location- There are options available in the drop down menu. You are able to use the + to add additional locations if needed. Once added, it will be available for you for future Non Billable sessions as well.
j. Add Non Billable Session- Click this button to create the Non Billable session.
4. Edit Single Session
Left Click the person icon to the upper right of the session. A box will appear that gives you info on the single session and also the option to Edit. Click the edit button and a new screen will pop up so that you are able to make the necessary changes to the single session. Please note that in this screen, you are not able to edit the repeat series attached to this session. Once the Update Billable Session is clicked, it will take you back to the calendar. Also located within the info box - Map it- This option will open a new window within your browser and take you to Google Maps to view the location of the session. Issues- You will also see issues at the bottom (if any)
5. Menu Options for Selected sessions
(Right Click the person icon to the upper right of the session to view menu)- This drop down menu contains items to assist in editing single sessions and also repeat sessions. See descriptions for each item below:
- Edit- This option will take the session back into the create session window to make the necessary edits and save. Please note that this option will only allow you to change the single session that is selected. It will not allow you to change the repeating sessions, those will stay intact.
- Delete- You are able to select a single session and delete. This will delete the session and remove it like it was not there(created by mistake, for example). This option should NOT be used for cancelled sessions as the session will no longer be on record once deleted.
- Delete Repeat Session(s) - This option is used to delete the selected session and all sessions going forward that are within the repeat series. You will have the option to select “selected weekday” Or “all Repeat weekdays”. For Example: if you wanted to delete only Wednesday sessions within the repeat series, you would select a Wednesday session and then select the “selected weekday” option and this will remove all Wednesdays going forward and the rest of the repeat series will stay intact.
- Change Repeat Time & Provider- This option you are able to use to change the repeat time and if needed change the provider. You will have the option to select “selected weekday” Or “all Repeat weekdays”.
- Change Billable/Not Billable/Payable/Not Payable- With this option you are able to mark a single session as not billable if you are not wanting the session to go to billing when rendered or Not Payable if you are not wanting this session to go to the Provider’s timesheet when rendered.
- Add /Edit Scheduling notes- In this section you will be able to edit and add notes as needed for the single session. Remember: Schedule notes are for scheduling purposes only, do not add session notes to this section, as it will not appear in the correct reports for audit purposes.
- Monthly Utilization and Total Utilization - This option allows you to view the authorization allowed units for the selected session. It will show a chart of how many units auth’d, how many remaining and how many have been rendered.
- Session Detail- When selecting this option, it will open a new window in your browser and give you more of an At A Glance view of the session. Including, Client details, Authorization details and Schedule Details.
- Go to Client - When selecting this option, it will open a new window in your browser and take you to the Client tab and within the client’s file. Please note, if you select this option and you do not have access to the client tab, the system will deny access to this tab.
- Go to Auth- When selecting this option, it will open a new window in your browser and take you to the Client tab and within the client’s authorization. Please note: If you select this option and you currently do not have access /permissions to view the client tab, the system will deny you access to this tab.
- SMS- This option is available if the feature is turned on for your facility. This is an extra paying feature, please refer to your contract for pricing details. This section will allow you to send a custom message directly to the client’s parent. Please Note: Appointment reminders are sent from the Dashboard section of WebABA.
- Cancel and Create Makeup Activity- If this option is selected, It will take you to a new screen to create the Makeup activity and once saved, the session will be added to the client’s schedule and the original session that was selected will be marked as Cancelled.
6. Client and Provider Non-Availability
This section blocks non-availability times on the calendar for Client (if a client’s schedule is in view) or a Provider’s (If the provider’s schedule is in view) Please note that it will show this data for future dates only. Any dates / days that have already passed will not show. You are able to see this feature in the Day and Week views only.
7. Day, Week & Month View
Each view is available for Clients and Providers/Employees. Once selected you will be able to edit/view sessions as needed. By selecting the day or week view, you will also be able to see the non availability sections blocked on the calendar.
8. Scheduler Grid View button
This button is a short cut to the Calendar view of the schedule. When selecting this option, you will be able to see a Grid View version of the current schedule being viewed in the Calendar view.
9. Hourly View options at bottom of Calendar
You have the choice to “Show Business Hours” OR “Show 24 Hours”. The calendar defaults to business hours when you first come into the page. You are able to toggle your options at the bottom of the screen.