- Select the session by selecting the edit checkbox.
- Change the status from Confirmed to Rendered. (If the session is cancelled, change the status to cancelled. Never render a session that has been cancelled as it will go to billing and will be billed as a completed session. If you do not have the cancelled option within the dropdown menu, contact your scheduler to cancel the session for you.)
- Enter the ACTUAL Time in and Out in the fields provided, ONLY if the times are different than scheduled. If nothing is entered, it will automatically bring over scheduled times.
- Click the “Save All Selected” button at the bottom. Tip: You can select more than one checkbox if you want to change the status and/or render a session. Also, to check all the sessions, you can use the "Select All" button at the bottom.
- Obtain a Parent Signature by clicking the signature link provided under the actions column. (explained below)
- Enter session notes by clicking the notes link provided under the actions column. (explained below)
Actions Column Icons
Treatment Location : To get the address of treatment location, click on the "Blue Icon" under the action column. A window will pop up with the address. Clicking the "Go to Google Maps" link will take you to Google maps and you can pull the directions to the client's treatment location.B. Comments : To write/view comments for the session, click on the "NotePad" icon under the action column. This is where you would enter Session Notes / Soap Notes if you are NOT using a 3rd party system to enter session notes (like Catalyst). You also could use this feature in addition to using the Catalyst SOAP Notes if you wanted to add notes for another team provider to view (In Session History - see description- #9 below)
Electronic Signature : To capture an electronic signature for the session, click on the "Pen" icon under the action column. Have the parent, guardian or caretaker sign with their finger in the box and click the "Save Signature" button. The signature has now been captured and the "Pen" icon will turn purple. This means it has been obtained successfully. You are able to click the purple icon to view the signature obtained.
Orange Block : If an orange block appears behind the icons, this means that this session has gone over authorization. Be sure to contact your facility before rendering the session if you see this appear.
Notes Column Icons
View Notes: To view any notes from the scheduler, click on the "View" button under the Notes column. If there is a note from the scheduler, a text box will appear after you click on the"View" button. If you don't see a view button that means there are no scheduler notes for that session.
Render Session: Catalyst Integration facilities
Note: If you are using the Catalyst integration feature you would only use the steps above to manually render a session if needed. The Catalyst integration feature automatically renders sessions and maps the coordinating SOAP note to WebABA when the SOAP note is finalized in Catalyst. Also, when it maps the SOAP note over to WebABA, it brings forward the Parent Signature and places it within the signature link and turns it into a purple icon and you will also see an extra link that contains a copy of the SOAP note mapped from Catalyst to WebABA.
Actions dropdown menu
Menu options vary based on the provider’s user permissions and access.
- Delete - This option allows you to delete the selected session. This menu option is only available for users that have the permission to create sessions.
Session History - Notes added through the notes link ()will appear here next to each session. You are able to view your own session notes added and also notes from other providers that have seen the same client. A good way to leave notes for a provider on the same team.
Note: You will not be able to see Catalyst SOAP notes in this window, only sessions left within the notes link)
- Monthly Utilization and Total Utilization - This option allows you to view the authorization allowed units for the selected session. It will show a chart of how many units auth’d, how many remaining and how many have been rendered.
- Open Attached Auth - This option will open a new window in the browser and take you into the client’s authorization. To be able to use this feature, you will need to have access to the Client tab. If you do not have access to the Client tab, an error message will pop up when trying to access the auth.
- Add Addendum - This feature allows you to save a note to later copy and paste into the Notes link if needed. Select any session and the add addendum option, a note box will appear. Please note that addendums are not saved individually for each session. Anything added in the add addendum box will be updated to all sessions. Tip: You can add a template to copy and paste in the notes link when adding a session note.